Shopping for the School Year in Old Town Alexandria
- 529 Kids Consign – Get the kids’ wardrobes ready at this consignment shop for children’s designer fashion. Military servicemembers enjoy a 10% discount off their purchases every Tuesday.
- Vintage Mirage – This boutique will easily satisfy any high school or college student with a taste for vintage clothing and accessories.
- The Shoe Hive – A big part of going back to school is finding new shoes that fit well. From now until August 31, get 30% off on spring merchandise at this high-end shoe shore.
Brunch with Mrs. Washington at Mount Vernon
Events on the Waterfront at National Harbor
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe – Enjoy a showing of this movie with your family at the Plaza on August 19 from 7 to 9 PM.
- Bobby McKey’s Kids Day– The live music starts at noon on August 25 and continues by audience request. Tickets are $20 and include a lunch buffet.
- Salute the Sunset Concert Series – These free shows are happening every Saturday night until September 22. Bands from every military branch will be putting on performances during this series at the Plaza.
Choosing a hotel for back to school in Alexandria and DC